This effective morning digestive tonic stimulates the the production of Gastrin, a peptide hormone released in the stomach that stimulates the release of gastric acid. This gastric acid is responsible for breaking down your proteins, absorb your nutrients and reduces the gas producing substances that can later affect the lower intestines. This helps with weight, fluid and skin health.
This cleansing tonic is super quick to make and it takes little time to prepare when you have the ingredients handy straight from your kitchen
- Upon waking, drink a 250mL glass of warm water with or one tablespoon of organic unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- Not a fan of apple cider vinegar? Try using the juice of ¼ lemon.
- Add a ¼ teaspoon of Organic Manuka Honey for a prebiotic boost
- Add some freshly grated ginger or a stick of cinnamon to improve circulation and settle your stomach
- Sip slowly, over 20 minutes.
Start having this health promoting drink daily for at least three weeks and feel and see the difference!
DO NOT USE Lemon Juice or Apple Cider Vinegar:
- If you take a regular prescription medication called a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) such as Nexium, Losec or Omeprazole.
- If you have severe heartburn or reflux
- If you have been diagnosed with a gastric or duodenal ulcer.
- If you have oesophageal dysplasia.
Instead, start with 250mL of warm water and one teaspoon of Slippery Elm Powder. When your condition has improved, you may begin this process of stimulating the stomach’s natural acid-producing ability with lemon or ACV.
When in doubt, contact your naturopath for further advice